Types of Treatment
Our physical therapists treat a variety of conditions daily that range from neck and back pain to carpal tunnel syndrome and Achilles tendinitis. But did you know that SporTherapy’ expertly trained therapists are skilled at injury prevention and capable of spotting a number of potentially risky symptoms?
Through a simple injury prevention consultation, we can detect the following issues:
- Low Back Pain: At any given time, 31 million Americans are experiencing low back pain. It’s the single leading cause of disability worldwide and one of the most common reasons for missed work. A routine physical therapy exam can detect whether or not you are at risk for suffering an injury and developing low back pain.
- Total Joint Replacement: Hip and knee replacements are the most commonly performed joint replacements, but replacement surgery can be performed on other joints including the ankle, wrist, shoulder, and elbow. A routine physical therapy exam can identify the early risk factors for developing arthritis in these joints, the primary cause for joint replacement.
- Hypertension: Uncontrolled hypertension, or high blood pressure, can lead to stroke, blood clots, and vascular cognitive impairment. A cardiovascular screening can detect risk factors for hypertension, which allows your therapist to prescribe and implement a safe exercise plan to help minimize your risk.
- Headaches: Headaches are one of the most common reasons that patients see their primary care physicians. A routine physical therapy exam can identify and disarm a number of risk factors or disorders, including TMJ Disorder, that lead to debilitating headaches.
- Rotator Cuff Tear: The muscles and tendons in the rotator cuff can become damaged by chronic overuse, injury, or gradual degeneration associated with aging. More than 3 million people in the United States suffer from torn rotator cuffs each year. A routine physical therapy exam can determine your risk for developing a tear and work to strengthen those muscles and tendons before it occurs.
- Fall Risk: One in five falls causes a serious injury, like a broken bone or head injury. A simple, routine exam can help your PT design a strengthening and balance program to prevent you or an elderly loved one from suffering a life-threatening injury.
- ACL Injury: Nearly 300,000 ACL injuries occur per year, and females are 4 to 8 times more likely to suffer from a torn ACL than males. 70 percent of ACL injuries in athletes happen through mechanisms such as pivoting, cutting, sidestepping, out of control play or awkward landings. The other 30 percent are a result of contact with other players. A routine physical therapy exam can both detect and help you mitigate the risk of suffering a devastating knee injury.
- Peripheral Neuropathy: Physical therapists can test the sensation in your feet to determine the potential for peripheral neuropathy, which can lead to physical abnormalities like clawtoe and bunions.
It pays to be proactive, especially where your health is concerned. At SporTherapy, we not only get our patients better quickly and effectively, but also take steps to ensure that any future injuries are avoided.
Get back to the life you love today.
Find lasting healing.
But don’t take our word for it. Hear what SporTherapy patients are saying.
My experience has been astounding. The entire staff is made up of professional individuals who want to make a positive impact on their patients, and every single team member is amiable. In the beginning, I had pain walking but with my physical therapist team’s expertise I got to a point where I could run pain…
Monday I finished my physical therapy at your facility in Weatherford, and I want to commend to you your facility and the people who work there. I started on August 24 of last year, and in all that time, I never heard a cross word from anyone, neither employee, staff, or client. Everyone always practiced…
I HIGHLY recommend SporTherapy…they are a very friendly and helpful group.
I really love this place. Everyone is super laid back, which is what you want when you’re recovering from an injury. Super professional and knowledgeable team. A+ all around.
Awesome, knowledgeable staff! It can be beyond frustrating to rehabilitate an injury, but this is definitely the place to do it! All in all, a great place and assuredly where I’ll be doing my rehab next time! If I could, I’d rate this place 10 or 11 stars, but I can only put 5.
I love this place! The staff is great and have guided me through two knee replacements. I am very pleased and highly recommend!
My doctor said I could try physical therapy if I wanted for my broken ankle, but I would probably still need surgery. I am happy to say that the SporTherapy team did a wonderful job. I am at 100% and I DON’T need surgery. You guys ROCK!
I just want to offer my thanks and appreciation to the staff of your Granbury location for the outstanding treatments and outcomes from my therapy. I have used them twice now for several months at a time for a knee and hip replacement. I found them to be far more effective than a clinic I…
You people are the BEST! “Thank You,” isn’t enough to convey my gratefulness to each of you. Since I have been a client here for the past ten months, I consider myself a bit of an expert on this place. I have observed and experienced your staff’s dedication to your clients’ well-being at every level…
Is injury prevention treatment right for you?
Schedule an appointment with us below.