Types of Treatment
Did you know physical therapy can reduce or eliminate pain, prevent surgery, and eliminate the need for medication in patients with pelvic pain, incontinence, and pregnancy or post-partum issues?
SporTherapy physical therapists are experts in treating the musculoskeletal system and can treat the following issues associated with pelvic pain:
- Painful intercourse
- Pain associated with tampon use or pelvic exams
- Difficulty with normal activities such as, sitting, rising from a chair, standing or walking
- Difficulty with recreational activities
- Chronic constipation or difficulties passing a bowel movement
- Pain in the groin, buttock, low back, hip, sacroiliac or abdomen
Pregnancy and Post-partum Issues
SporTherapy offers outpatient care for women that is designed to reduce uncomfortable symptoms related to pregnancy such as:
- Headaches and migraines
- Tingling in the arms or hands
- Back and neck pain
- Hip, groin or leg pain and numbness
- “Stretched out” abdominal muscles that cause belly fat
- Painful intercourse
- Post-delivery abdominal or vaginal pain
- Painful menses as a result of C-section surgery
- Diastasis recti (tearing of the connections between the abdominal muscles)
Treatment at SporTherapy can help you gain control over the following symptoms:
- Urine leakage with coughing, laughing, lifting or exercise
- Urge incontinence (urine leaks due to bladder muscle spasm)
- Mixed incontinence
- Functional incontinence (urine leaks if you cannot get to the bathroom in time)
- Fecal incontinence
How Does SporTherapy PT Help?
SporTherapy provides a very soothing and private environment for all pelvic health patients. Initially, your physical therapist will examine abdominal muscles, neck, back, hip, SI joints and pubic symphasis to look for issues brought on by surgery, pregnancy or deconditioning. Each patient will begin a unique treatment plan; some common interventions include:
- Gentle exercise
- Stretching and strengthening
- Education on proper posture
- Manipulation and manual therapy
- Specific exercises to improve pelvic floor function
Get back to the life you love today.
Find lasting healing.
But don’t take our word for it. Hear what SporTherapy patients are saying.
I HIGHLY recommend SporTherapy…they are a very friendly and helpful group.
I really love this place. Everyone is super laid back, which is what you want when you’re recovering from an injury. Super professional and knowledgeable team. A+ all around.
Awesome, knowledgeable staff! It can be beyond frustrating to rehabilitate an injury, but this is definitely the place to do it! All in all, a great place and assuredly where I’ll be doing my rehab next time! If I could, I’d rate this place 10 or 11 stars, but I can only put 5.
I love this place! The staff is great and have guided me through two knee replacements. I am very pleased and highly recommend!
My doctor said I could try physical therapy if I wanted for my broken ankle, but I would probably still need surgery. I am happy to say that the SporTherapy team did a wonderful job. I am at 100% and I DON’T need surgery. You guys ROCK!
I just want to offer my thanks and appreciation to the staff of your Granbury location for the outstanding treatments and outcomes from my therapy. I have used them twice now for several months at a time for a knee and hip replacement. I found them to be far more effective than a clinic I…
You people are the BEST! “Thank You,” isn’t enough to convey my gratefulness to each of you. Since I have been a client here for the past ten months, I consider myself a bit of an expert on this place. I have observed and experienced your staff’s dedication to your clients’ well-being at every level…
Is pelvic treatment right for you?
Schedule an appointment with us below.